You have a lot of maintenance to do if you own an RV.
You need to give your RV some serious TLC sometimes to maintain it operating at its best, regardless of how often you hit the open road and go to new or favorite spots.
You should also consider your RV’s batteries while making preparations for camping and doing maintenance.
Your RV batteries might lose charge while not in use, which can put you in a difficult situation if you’re already at a campground or attempting to leave town.
Fortunately, you can simply take good care of, jump-start, and charge your battery if you have an RV battery charger on available.
A portable RV battery charger is something you can take with you wherever you go and is available in a wide range of models, capacities, and sizes.
Here are a few of our top selections.
Noco Genuis10 Smart Battery Charger
A clever, accurate battery charger that charges batteries effectively and is compatible with a broad range of battery types.
- Despite being small, it has 115 percent greater power
- Battery voltages as low as 1 volts may be detected and charged
- Featuring thermal correction and optimized for any temperature
- Instructions sometimes aren’t very clear.
- While charging, it could get warm to the touch.
BMK 12V 5A Smart Battery Charger
A battery charger that charges batteries quickly, has many intelligent charging modes, and costs reasonably.
- Smart four-stage charging that automatically stops when the battery is fully charged
- Provides a variety of safeguards for improved safety
- Compact and easily transportable
- When charging certain batteries, the charger may get warm.
- Waterproofing is not water-resistant.
Stanley Smart 12V Battery Charger
A trustworthy battery charger that is capable of providing jumpstarts and long-term battery maintenance for your RV.
- Maintains any 12 volt AGM, GEL, or WET battery.
- Automatically adjusts charging speed using high-frequency smart charging.
- Built to withstand several charges or usage for a long period
- Older batteries may not be able to be recharged.
- May have difficulty recharging entirely dead batteries
Table of Contents
- RV Battery Charger Benefits
- RV Battery Charger Types
- Best Brands
- Cost of an RV Battery Charger
- Key Elements
- The Following Factors
- Reviews Of The Top Rv Battery Chargers For 2022
- #1. Noco Genuis10 Smart Battery Charger: Superior Overall
- #2. BMK 12V 5A Smart Battery Charger: Best Price
- #3. Stanley Smart 12V Battery Charger
- #4. Schumacher SC1280 Smart Battery Charger
- #5. TowerTop Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer
- #6. Noco Genius5 Smart Battery Charger
- #7. Ampeak Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer
- #8. PowerMax Power Supply Converter Charger for RV
- #9. ADPow Automatic Smart Battery Charger
- #10. Progressive Dynamics Inteli-Power 9200 Series Converter/Charger
- Final Reflections
- RV Battery Charger Videos Suggestions From Youtube
RV Battery Charger Benefits
- Extend the life of your battery. Your present battery could last longer if you use an RV battery charger. Long-term cost savings come from not having to replace your battery for years.
- Get greater comfort at campgrounds. You may use all of your RV’s appliances worry-free while you’re camping if you have an RV battery charger. No matter what you’re using or powering up, you can quickly recharge — or maintain a charge.
- Increase your independence and adaptability. When traveling, having an RV battery charger provides you additional possibilities. You don’t have to worry about how long your vacation will be, how many appliances you’ll be operating, or where you’ll locate a charging station when or if you need one since you can recharge your battery whenever you want.
RV Battery Charger Types
#1. Chargers for Converters
The most fundamental kind of RV battery charger is a converter charger.
By converting 120 volts of shore power to 12 volts of DC electricity, this kind of charger eliminates the requirement for your RV battery to provide DC power while it is plugged in.
In order to prevent overcharging and possible damage, a converter charger may also be used to charge the RV battery while it has extra capacity.
Either a single-stage charger or a multi-stage charger may be used with a converter.
#2. Battery Inverters
The sort of charger used by the majority of contemporary RVs is an inverter charger.
The only major difference between this sort of battery charger and a converter charger is that an inverter charger may convert a 12-volt battery into 120 volts of alternating current in the absence of shore power.
Usually, inverter chargers also function as multi-stage chargers.
#3. Chargers Powered by the Sun
A solar-powered charger is another option you might take into consideration.
Solar-powered RV battery chargers are a relatively new alternative that may provide a steady stream of electricity using just sunshine.
These chargers have solar panels that take in light from the sun and transform it into energy that may provide you and your RV batteries with different levels of power.
The amount of electricity the charger can provide will depend on its wattage; for instance, a solar-powered charger with a 150-watt solar panel should be able to run your RV and its appliances for a whole day.
It’s challenging to disregard Noco if you’re searching for an RV battery charger.
The Noco Genuis10 Fully Automatic Smart Battery Charger and the Noco Genius5 Fully Automatic Smart Battery Charger are just a few of the superior, long-lasting battery chargers, jump starters, and portable power products that Noco has been developing since 1914.
Many home toolkits and garages include Stanley tools since it is one of the most well-known tool brands.
This company has an amazing reputation based on more than a century of quality and dependability, having produced reliable, long-lasting instruments since 1843.
The Stanley Smart 12V Battery Charger, one of Stanley’s battery chargers, builds on this reputation and provides long-lasting efficiency.
#3. Converters PowerMax
Battery power for recreational vehicles is the foundation of the PowerMax brand.
This Florida-based business has been producing strong and effective RV battery chargers, converters, and other equipment for campers’ power supply requirements since 2005.
You can be sure you’re receiving the appropriate sort of charger designed specifically for RV usage with products like the PowerMax Power Supply Converter Charger for RV.
Cost of an RV Battery Charger
- Under $50: RV battery chargers that can do the necessary tasks to charge your battery may be found for under $50. The fewest extras are typically provided by these battery chargers.
- $50 to $100: This price range includes enhanced battery chargers that can help maintain your RV battery. If they cost more, they could provide more features and benefits.
- $100 and up: An RV battery charger that costs more than $100 will combine high power with additional functionality. The most expensive alternatives are often found in this price range.
#1. Battery Power
When choosing an RV battery charger, the battery capacity is the most important element to take into account.
The amps your battery delivers per hour serve as a gauge of its capacity.
You’ll need a charger that can handle the greater power and capacity that higher capacity batteries may provide.
The charger will need to be more powerful the bigger the battery is.
Another important aspect to consider is voltage.
It won’t recharge unless you have an RV charger that can match the voltage of your battery.
Even if the majority of RV batteries have a voltage of 12 volts, it’s crucial to confirm that your battery’s voltage and the chargers’ voltage are compatible.
#3. Absorption of Vibration
You should also check to see whether the RV battery charger has any kind of vibration dampening.
Vibrations may stop or obstruct the charging process, regardless of whether you’re using your battery charger at a campground or while you’re traveling.
While the charger is in use, features like cradles or padding may assist avoid damage and possible issues.
The Following Factors
- Various Charging Rates. Any RV battery charger should include information on the sorts of batteries it can charge as well as its amps. While some only need 2 amps, some may charge at 10 to 15 amps. These elements will affect the charging pace, or how long it will take to recharge completely.
- Refreshment Period. Not all RV battery chargers can be used repeatedly, so keep that in mind. To avoid possible damage, overheating, or other issues, certain kinds, like deep cycle battery chargers, may need to cool down for a while before they can be used again.
- Power Regulation For Charging. It may be a huge advantage if you’re debating whether smart charging is beneficial. Smart charging refers to the ability of the charger to control itself while it operates; it can determine how much power the battery requires and adapt as necessary. To avoid overcharging, these chargers have the ability to turn off when a battery is full.
Reviews Of The Top Rv Battery Chargers For 2022
#1. Noco Genuis10 Smart Battery Charger: Superior Overall
A fantastic all-around RV battery charger is the Noco Genius10 Fully Automatic Smart Battery Charger.
It’s not just made to function with a broad range of various vehicle batteries; deep cycle batteries are a perfect match for it.
This charger works with flooded, gel, AGM, maintenance-free, lithium-ion, and 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid batteries.
It helps to sustain your RV battery as it charges and can quickly restart a dead battery.
An integrated thermal sensor is used in smart precision charging to monitor ambient temperature and automatically regulate the charge to avoid overcharging or undercharging in any environment.
To assist recover any lost battery performance, this outstanding charger can even intelligently identify battery sulfation and acid stratification.
#2. BMK 12V 5A Smart Battery Charger: Best Price
The BMK 12V 5A Smart Battery Charger is a fantastic option if you’re searching for a great value.
This RV battery charger is cost-effective and efficient; in fact, it is downright economical.
As soon as it is attached, the charger will begin to function, providing a quick charge with an input of 100 to 240 volts of AC power and 5 amps of DC output current.
It may be used to charge any RV battery between 15 and 100 Ah.
To avoid overcharging, this charger utilizes a four-stage smart charging process that immediately terminates when the battery reaches 100%.
With a weight of just 15.87 ounces, it is very portable and makes a terrific traveling companion for your RV.
#3. Stanley Smart 12V Battery Charger
Recharging your RV battery is simple, fast, and effortless with the Stanley Smart 12V Battery Charger.
This charger allows you to monitor the charging process with useful information and is straightforward and simple to use.
With the simple touch of a button, this charger can begin charging any 12-volt AGM, GEL, or WET automotive or marine battery.
Delivering high-frequency smart charging, it maintains the battery’s charge rate at an ideal level and automatically switches between fast charging, top-off mode, and trickle charging as necessary.
You can quickly and easily observe what’s going on and the battery status on the LCD panel.
Even more than just charging, this device can restart dead batteries when necessary and perform battery maintenance to extend the life of your present RV battery.
#4. Schumacher SC1280 Smart Battery Charger
The Schumacher SC1280 Fully Automatic Smart Battery Charger is a practical RV battery charger with two useful features.
It also has a lot of power.
This charger is automated to complete the charging process entirely on its own, so you don’t need to keep an eye on it.
This gadget charges your RV battery at a rate of 15 amps and maintains it at a rate of 3 amps.
It accurately determines whether you have a 6-volt or 12-volt battery using auto voltage detection, and it automatically chooses the appropriate charging rate.
Additionally, the charger is compatible with a variety of batteries, including conventional, AGM, gel, and deep-cycle RV batteries.
This RV battery charger is easy to use since it has a digital display that indicates the voltage and the charge %, LED indications, and push-button controls.
#5. TowerTop Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer
One adaptable RV battery charger is the TowerTop Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer.
The fact that this charger is compatible with automobile batteries as well as marine, power sport, lawn mower, and other batteries makes it especially useful to have if you want a charger that can work with your RV’s battery as well as other batteries.
As long as they are 12-volt batteries, it can charge any types of lead-acid batteries, including normal, AGM, gel, and sealed lead acid.
With a seven-stage charging procedure that includes desulphation, reconditioning, and float charging, this RV battery charger is quick when it’s operating.
Just bear in mind that you cannot jump batteries or use this charger on cells with less than 3 volts left.
#6. Noco Genius5 Smart Battery Charger
You may use the Noco Genius5 Fully Automatic Smart Battery Charger for your RV’s battery as well as other vehicle or non-vehicle batteries.
It works with 6-volt and 12-volt batteries.
Although it is tiny and lightweight, the Noco charger produces 65% more power than earlier generations.
It is compatible with lead-acid batteries as well as lithium-ion, flooded, gel, AGM, and all other deep-cycle batteries.
While it operates, this battery charger will recharge the battery, and it also has excellent battery maintenance capabilities.
It will provide worry-free charging at any time with smart, accurate charging.
Additionally, a three-year limited warranty on this battery charger ensures its dependability and your peace of mind.
#7. Ampeak Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer
The Ampeak Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer is the best option if you want your RV battery charger to work for you so you can concentrate on enjoying the great outdoors or other activities.
Your battery will be recharged and assisted in long-term maintenance with the aid of this dual-purpose RV battery charger.
It swiftly charges various varieties of 12-volt lead-acid batteries, including GEL, AGM, and STD, using fast, intelligent charging.
By only activating the battery if the battery’s capacity is insufficient to start the engine, this RV battery charger even contributes to energy conservation.
The performance and longevity of your battery are improved and kept in the best condition possible with the aid of a sophisticated reconditioning mode.
An automated smart detect system determines the battery voltage and selects the appropriate charging rate.
#8. PowerMax Power Supply Converter Charger for RV
The PowerMax Power Supply Converter Charger for RV serves as both a practical power converter and an effective battery charger, which makes it a standout among other RV battery chargers.
It can charge almost any RV battery or 12-volt device by converting 110 volt AC power to 12 volt DC electricity.
You get unparalleled adaptability and flexibility as a result.
The gadget is small and perfect for travel, measuring just 11 x 8 x 4 inches.
It has three-stage charging built in and lets you choose a fixed output mode voltage between 13 and 16.5 volts.
You can rely on it to operate securely and dependably thanks to a quiet cooling fan and security features like reverse polarity, overload, and thermal protection.
#9. ADPow Automatic Smart Battery Charger
More than simply an ordinary RV battery charger, the ADPow Automatic Smart Battery Charger is a multifaceted device.
The advantages of this charger don’t stop there; it also functions as a battery maintainer.
You can recharge, manage, safeguard, and diagnose issues with your RV batteries with only one tool.
With a seven-stage automated charging method that includes desulfation, absorption, and float charging, it has intelligent charging.
Utilizing this battery charger regularly might help you increase the battery’s life.
You can determine whether your RV battery is functioning correctly using LED indicators that provide visual feedback and diagnostic data.
In addition to all of these benefits, this gadget is also very portable, lightweight, and small, making it easy to carry.
#10. Progressive Dynamics Inteli-Power 9200 Series Converter/Charger
Any RV owner will want to take advantage of the numerous wonderful advantages that the Progressive Dynamics Inteli-Power 9200 Series Converter/Charger provides.
This item serves as both a battery charger and a power converter, guaranteeing that you’ll obtain a dependable charging procedure and the appropriate level of power.
To provide you excellent charging, it has a built-in Charge Wizard.
The Charge Wizard continuously checks the battery’s voltage condition and intervenes automatically as necessary to manage the battery.
It has a reverse battery protection mechanism that guards against harm that can result from a faulty lead connection, and it filters DC power transmission for security.
When the maximum capacity is reached, the charger also automatically sets a limit on electrical current to avoid overloading.
You’ll be ready and safe with this RV battery charger and power converter.
- When your RV battery charger is in operation, avoid moving it. By doing this, possible issues and risks that might affect both the battery and the charger are avoided.
- Recognize if you need to keep an eye on your RV battery and charger. When the battery is full, some chargers will automatically turn off; others won’t, which might lead to overcharging problems.
- Your RV battery’s longevity may be increased with a multifunctional option like a battery charger and maintenance. To help you get more use out of both your charger and current battery, they might be a useful purchase.
What distinguishes a deep cycle battery charger from a standard battery charger?
The charging speed is the main distinction between a deep cycle charger and a standard battery charger.
A quicker, more effective charge may be provided via a deep cycle battery charger.
Regular battery chargers operate more slowly, and they may not be the ideal choice for the battery in your RV.
What is the time required to fully charge a deep cycle battery?
This is based on how many amps your RV battery charger can provide.
High amp chargers, which consume up to 30 amps, may provide a complete charge in a few of hours.
Charge times are much greater for chargers that utilize less amps, such as those that only use 2 or 3 amps.
Should you always keep your RV plugged into the charger?
You may always leave your RV’s battery charger attached, but if you do, you’ll need to keep an eye on the battery to make sure its electrolytes aren’t becoming low.
You won’t need to worry as much if you have a trickle charger since these chargers are intended to be used for prolonged, steady charging.
The Noco Genuis10 Fully Automatic Smart Battery Charger, which employs smart charging technology to operate swiftly and power various kinds of RV batteries, is our choice for the finest overall RV battery charger.
The BMK 12V 5A Smart Battery Charger is a more cost-effective solution with high-quality outcomes if you want to pay less while still getting exceptional value.
Which RV battery charger is your top pick? Let us know below.