The terms “GPS tracker” and “safety” have become interchangeable.
These trackers have made it simpler to keep our possessions and loved ones secure, whether for commercial or personal reasons.
You, on the other hand, are reading a blog on removing a GPS tracker from a vehicle.
As a result, we may presume you have a compelling purpose for doing so.
- Your tracker needs to be upgraded or repaired.
- You’d want to use the tracker on a different/new vehicle.
- You have no clue how the tracker got inside your vehicle to begin with.
In the first two examples, you already know what kind of tracker you’re looking for and where to look for it.
If you are a victim of unlawful tracking, though, you may need to search every nook and cranny.
If you can’t locate it, we recommend seeking professional assistance.
Different Types Of GPS Trackers Are Available.
Here, we’ll go through the many kinds of GPS trackers and how to get rid of them from your car.
All of the information are included here.
Magnetic Tracking Devices
Magnetic trackers are one of the most popular GPS gadgets since they are simple to use.
They have magnets built in or come with a magnetic casing.
It’s easy to set up.
All you have to do now is set it on a metallic surface and you’re done! In the same way, removing these trackers is simple.
They must be removed from the surface.
Under the automobile or within the wheel well are the ideal areas to put such trackers.
So, if you’re looking for a hidden magnetic GPS tracker, double-check all the metallic surfaces of a vehicle, both inside and out.
Trackers That Are Ready To Use
A premium GPS Plug-in car tracking system, Plug-in tracking is a GPS Plug-in vehicle tracking system.
It works using a little tracking device that hooks into your car’s OBD II port, which is situated beneath the steering wheel.
This port is also used by mechanics and service workers to run diagnostic codes.
That’s why, in addition to location monitoring, Plug-in GPS tracking devices include diagnostic data.
These are incredibly simple to set up.
The OBD ports are often found under the dashboard, where the driver rests their legs.
Driving may be made more difficult by placing a GPS tracker closer to the pedals.
As a result, OBD extension cords are available.
You may relocate the GPS tracking to a safer area, such as the vehicle’s dashboard, using the same method.
You’re ready to start tracking after you connect it in and activate it using the companion app.
To get rid of these GPS trackers, you must first find them and then disconnect the device.
The plug-and-play gadgets only operate while the automobile is plugged in, not when it is turned off.
It’s simple to turn it off.
The gadgets also include an inbuilt antenna and battery to continue transmitting signals.
When the device is disconnected, it notifies the owner.
GPS Tracker That Is Hardwired
Hardwired GPS trackers, as the name implies, are directly wired into the system and get electricity from the engine.
These are tough to install and remove and need professional assistance.
As a result, it is difficult to tamper with or influence them.
The wired tracking devices, on the other hand, use a battery and an antenna to convey warnings when tampering is detected.
A wired GPS tracker also allows you to shut the car’s ignition remotely if it detects a security breach, which is not possible with plug-in devices.
The majority of users choose hardwired GPS trackers over alternative types for two reasons:
- They plug into the engine’s battery and don’t need to be recharged.
- They’re securely tucked up inside the automobile, out of sight.
The simplest way to get rid of a hardwired GPS tracker from a vehicle is to approach your local auto repair specialist for assistance.
They’ll make sure the tracker is correctly removed and ready to use again.
How Can I Get The GPS Tracker Out Of My Car?
We’ve previously gone through the different sorts of GPS trackers and how to set them up and remove them.
It’s simple to remove portable or plug-and-play trackers.
So, let’s look at how to remove a hardwired GPs tracker without causing damage to your automobile or the tracking device.
Locate the Gadget.
You already know where it is if you installed it.
If you suspect foul play, however, you must first find the device in your vehicle.
Here are some ideas about where to seek for it:
- Check the bottom of your dash for anything out of the ordinary.
- Look for any new wiring or electrical tape.
- Also, keep an eye out for cables that are different in thickness or color from the ones that are currently there.
- Look for cables that connect to the car’s roof.
- Then there’s a plastic gadget with two wires connecting it to the ignition wires with a proper thickness.
- Remove the electrical tape and zips from the area, being careful not to damage the delicate wires. You will wind up harming the car’s delicate wires if you are not cautious.
Locate the Elements
There might be a variety of wires.
- The GPS antenna might be one of the cables. You may follow the wire all the way to the top of your vehicle and then remove it in the same manner.
- The GSM antenna, which is located adjacent to the GPS antenna, may be the next one.
- One of the cables might be the red wire on the ignition, ensuring that the gadget is powered and the battery is charged.
- Wires might be present in the vehicle’s ground.
- It’s also conceivable that the ignition has two relay wires.
Suggestion: How To Track A Car Using Your Phone?
Disconnect The Cables And Disconnect The Gadget.
Now is the moment to disconnect your automobile battery’s cable.
The components are simple to remove.
The receiver’s antennae must be disconnected, and the GPS antenna must be pulled.
Restore the automobile to its former glory.
After you’ve successfully removed the device from the car, you’ll need to reconnect all of the ignition wires and reinstall all of the components.
It might be beneficial if you reconnected all of the cables.
It’s possible that the individual who put the GPS tracking gadget in your automobile damaged the wires.
If you’ve found the problem, disconnect it and rejoin it.
The only way to be sure you haven’t made a mistake now is to attempt to start your automobile.
You accomplished everything perfectly if it started!
With The Family1st Portable GPS Tracker, You Can Improve The Security Of Your Vehicle.
GPS technology has shown to be effective in preventing theft of your costly automobile.
Some sophisticated monitoring options, such as Family1st GPS trackers, also provide a number of add-ons that may help you improve your driving, routine maintenance, fuel efficiency, and insurance costs.
So, whatever your reason for getting rid of your old GPS tracker, you should think about purchasing a Portable GPS tracker from Family1st.
Here’s a short rundown of the tracker’s features:
- It’s small, light, and portable, making it simple to conceal and install. Because it is portable, you may use it to keep track of many assets or even family members.
- There is no agreement in place. You have the option to deactivate and reactivate your tracking solution at any time . NO SURPRISE FEES
- The tracker provides real-time location data and has a 2-week battery life.
- The gadget has several connecting options. It features a 4G network SIM and may be used with WiFi to track inside.
- You may use voice commands to obtain data and reports on any of your displays by integrating the GPS device with Alexa.
- All of Family1st’s tracking devices come with a lifetime guarantee. You also get unrestricted access to world-class customer assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If you’re still uncertain, the Family1st portable GPS tracker may help in the following ways:
- Every one of our gadgets comes with a companion app that can be downloaded on any iOS or Android smartphone. If you put our GPS tracker on your teen’s vehicle, for example, you and your spouse may monitor it from your phones.
- Our system also includes a Geofence function, which allows you to build virtual borders around locations that you judge safe or dangerous. You may create a safe zone around every parking spot for your car’s protection. You’ll get an alert whenever your car enters or exits these secure zones.
- If your spouse or a family member borrows your automobile to travel inside the United States or to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, or the United States Virgin Islands, Family1st Portable GPS Tracker will keep track of it. Our 4G connection allows us to monitor your whereabouts in all of the countries listed above.
- Our GPS tracker is also one of the most popular personal trackers in the United States, with the most advanced security features. We also provide active tracking in the event of theft or an emergency, allowing for a quicker recovery of your vehicle. As a result, your vehicle insurance may offer you a rate reduction.
The Family1st GPS tracker is simple to set up.
The tracker comes with a magnetic casing that you may use to connect it to a metal surface.
One of the main reasons to acquire our portable tracker is its versatility: you can use it to monitor assets, people, and pets all at once.
And if you ever need help removing it from your vehicle, you can always call our customer service department for assistance.
Recommended: How To Disable OnStar GPS Tracking? Complete Guide