You’ve arrived to the correct spot if you’re searching for a Short Queen Mattress (RV Queen) to purchase online.
You may now readily acquire personalized mattresses online, thanks to the increase in the online mattress trend in recent years.
You’ve undoubtedly found this page because you’re looking for a new Short Queen Mattress for your RV or camper.
So, we’ve done the legwork and compiled a list of our top selections for the greatest alternatives on the market right now.
From luxury to customized alternatives to budget-friendly selections, this list has something for everyone.
We’ve done our best to ensure that at the conclusion of this article, you’ll know which mattress is ideal for you.
Table of Contents
- Picks of the Day: Short Queen Mattresses are the most popular.
- What is the measurement of a “Short Queen” mattress?
- What’s the difference between a short and a standard queen?
- Top 9 Short Queen Mattresses for RVs
- #1. Zinus Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam
- #2. Best Price Mattress Memory Foam Mattress
- #3. DynastyMattress New Coolbreeze
- #4. Zinus 8 Inch Foam and Spring RV Mattress
- #5. Classic Brands Memory Foam Mattress
- #6. Arctic Dreams Cooling Gel Mattress
- #7. Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress
- #8. Live and Sleep Resort Classic
- #9. CertiPur Memory Foam Mattress
- #10. GhostBed Short Queen RV Mattress
- What is the purpose of a Short Queen mattress?
- What are the many varieties of short queen mattresses available?
- Pricing for a Short Queen RV Mattress
- Consider these factors before purchasing a short queen mattress.
- Short queen sheets may be found at the following stores?
- What size sheets will fit a queen bed in an RV?
- A short queen topper may be purchased from the following stores?
- Is it possible to use a conventional queen mattress in an RV?
- Is there a difference between RV mattresses and conventional beds?
- Will full-size sheets fit a queen mattress that is too short?
- What can I do to improve the comfort of my RV’s short queen mattress?
- What are your other choices for getting a bespoke mattress?
- What are your options for getting rid of your old custom mattress?
Picks of the Day: Short Queen Mattresses are the most popular.
- Best Overall – Zinus Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam
- Best Value – Best Price Mattress Memory Foam Mattress
- Honorable Mention – DynastyMattress New Coolbreeze
- Zinus 8 Inch Foam and Spring RV Mattress
- Classic Brands Memory Foam Mattress
- Arctic Dreams Cooling Gel Mattress
- Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress
- Live and Sleep Resort Classic
- CertiPur Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed Short Queen RV Mattress
What is the measurement of a “Short Queen” mattress?
A short queen is 60 inches broad by 75 inches long.
What’s the difference between a short and a standard queen?
The dimensions of a short queen mattress are 60″W by 75″L.
This mattress is 5″ shorter than a conventional queen mattress (60″W by 80″L).
In order to optimize useable space, many RVs use a short queen mattress.
Suggestion: Best RV Mattresses of 2022
Top 9 Short Queen Mattresses for RVs
One of the best queen mattresses for RVs is the Zinus, which has a 4-inch high-density foundation foam, a 1-inch comfort foam layer, and a 1-inch gel-infused memory foam layer.
The mattress is designed to provide pressure relief, support, and comfort.
Your bones, muscles, and joints are no longer under strain, allowing you to awaken pain-free and comfortable. It also readily conforms to the curve of your body.
The three layers are protected by a hypoallergenic knitted jacquard cover that is loaded with green tea extract and castor natural seed oil to inhibit the growth of germs and unpleasant smells.
Additionally, the item has CertiPUR-US certification for toughness, environmental friendliness, effectiveness, and safety.
All sorts of sleepers will find the mattress, which measures 80 by 60 by 6 inches, to be comfortable. It also comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The item does, however, have certain drawbacks.
When unpacked, it could take too long to reach its full size. Even when left idle for a few days, it may not fully swell to its maximum size.
It can take days for Zinus to contact you in the event that you get a damaged product and provide an answer to your question. Finally, the mattress first has a bad smell, but it dissipates after a few days.
One of the more affordable RV mattresses that is just 6 inches thick and functions as a mattress topper is this Best Price item.
It has a motion isolation option that is useful if you don’t want to hear your partner’s snoring or feel their movements.
It has a top layer of 1-inch memory foam, a middle layer of 2-inch soft foam, and a bottom layer of 3-inch supporting foam.
Due to its vented soft foam, which improves airflow inside the structure, the mattress feels soft and cool when you rest on it.
The memory foam reduces pressure points for total relaxation and conforms to your body to encourage a restful night’s sleep.
The item has a two-year limited guarantee and is CertiPUR-US certified.
The fact that the product is composed of fiberglass, which may go around if you remove the covers, is a significant drawback.
Once it gets on your clothing, the fiberglass is tough to wash off and poses a health risk if you breathe it in.
Additionally, it’s a soft short-queen mattress that might slim after only one year of usage.
Recommended: Best RV King Mattresses of 2022
A mattress with CertiPUR-US certification, the Dynasty is comprised entirely of viscoelastic memory foam.
It has a premium, two-layer design comprised of nine inches of polyurethane foam for optimal support for your core and three inches of gel memory foam with Sleep Cool Technology.
The mattress is resistant to pests and hypoallergenic.
The mattress is merely 70 pounds in weight and it measures 75 by 60 by 12 inches in dimension.
The mattress is designed with a complicated ventilation system that disperses your body heat across the remainder of the mattress to cool it.
Its design offers relaxation and aids in pressure alleviation.
The mattress also comes with two complimentary memory foam cushions and a plush white cover with a side zipper for simple removal, which is the cherry on top.
The Dynasty mattress does have some shortcomings; it would be great if it had some give when you lay down on it, but it seems overly firm, particularly for those who weigh less than 200 pounds.
If you sleep on your side or back, it could hurt your shoulders, and if you sleep on your back, it might ache your back when you wake up.
The mattress is very pricey and might eventually sink or droop in certain places.
Related: Best RV Bunk Mattresses of 2022
Overall Opinions: The Zinus 8 Inch Foam and Spring provides the right amount of comfort and support to give you and the other campers the impression that you are sleeping well at home. It comes in four different heights and seven different sizes, making it a very adaptable and lightweight RV mattress. The 60 by 74-inch short queen variant, available in 8″ and 6″ profiles, is perfect for small places, such camper trailers.
Designed for Maximum Comfort: Three layers make up the 8-inch Zinus RV mattress type. A 2 is the first one to the top “A layer of memory foam that enables your body to gently sink into the bed to maximize its comfort and support. Infused with charcoal and a special green tea layer, your bed will stay fresh during your whole vacation. Additionally, ActiveCharcoal efficiently absorbs moisture, allowing you to relax on your bed after spending hours outside without worrying about leaving sweaty odors behind.
Another 2 are underneath it “comfort foam layer that conforms to your body, supports your joints, and maintains spinal alignment. This layer’s open air pockets promote ventilation, keeping you from overheating, particularly if you have a warm sleeper. Additionally, they provide additional relief under pressure spots like the shoulders, hips, and knees.
Four inches of dependable, high-density foundation support foam, the third and final thick layer, is ideal for average-weight sleepers who like to sleep on their backs or sides. These many, thick layers of foam work together to provide superb comfort, support, and pressure alleviation. For the price range, this version also provides outstanding motion isolation. For couples who will be sharing the smaller queen size while traveling, this is excellent news.
Superior Resources and Certifications: Because the foam used to make this Zinus RV mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, it is strong, long-lasting, and of excellent quality. This mattress is not necessarily of lower quality than mattresses designed for bedrooms just because it is specifically developed for RVs.
In reality, Zinus 8 Inch Foam and Spring RV mattress uses Bio foam, which only includes natural ingredients and is safer than other hazardous substances like petroleum. These components guarantee the freshness of your mattress and considerably prevent off-gassing.
Its cover can also be washed in a washing machine, making it simple to take off and clean. Compared to other RV mattresses in its category, this mattress offers excellent value. It comes with a 100-night sleep trial, a 10-year guarantee, and free shipping.
- Outstanding motion isolation
- Astonishingly nice composition
- Elegant appearance and feel
- For stomach and back sleepers, excellent pressure alleviation
- Tolerant to all body types
- Firmness for a foam mattress that is above average
- Improve edge support
Although this memory foam mattress from Classic Brands is smaller than some—at only 8 inches—the savings more than make up for it. It’s composed of a vented gel that is modeled on the sleeping technology used by astronauts, so it’s also unquestionably not unpleasant.
For those of you who experience discomfort after waking up on a conventional mattress, it’s a particularly wise option. All the common pressure spots are wonderfully relieved by the design of Classic Brands, and it also keeps you cool.
Its firmness is a negative since it is unmistakably firm. You might be better off going elsewhere if you would want a softer mattress. Additionally, if you get one that has been wrapped for a long, there’s a possibility that it can emit a strong chemical odor.
This mattress has a great name, but that’s not the only reason we like it. The Arctic Dreams cooling mattress has a 34-inch quilted top in addition to the typical layers of softer memory foam on top and firmer foam on the bottom, making it softer than many of the other options on our list.
Furthermore, the cooling performs as promised. In fact, on chilly nights, it may start off a little too cool; during such seasons, we advise obtaining a mattress cover.
There isn’t a mattress out there that will satisfy everyone, and those who like a firmer bed will seek for a model without a cushion top. Additionally, the bed’s borders sink at the same pace as its core, putting you at risk of sliding off.
Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam 10 Inch RV Mattress is a great addition to your RV, camper or home.
This mattress has 3 inches of conforming memory foam comfort and support for a better night’s sleep.
The Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam includes two layers of pressure relieving comfort foam that contours to the body along with 5 inches of high-density base support foam for added durability.
The latest evolution of memory foam, BioFoam, replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural plant oil to help keep your mattress fresh and odor-free.
The Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam features a breathable cover that is soft to the touch and allows for better airflow to keep you cool.
RVs may fit in the Live & Sleep Resort Classic because of its size. 2.5 inches of memory foam make up the top layer, which is followed by a 7.5-inch layer of high-density foam for support. It is constructed from the most breathable materials on the market, combining strong airflow with cozy support for every sleeping position.
If looks are important to you, Live & Sleep has you covered with an optional knit cover that maintains airflow while complementing practically any home design theme.
However, we are less enthusiastic about the quality control since various units seem to be packed differently and expand at a wide range of speeds after being unboxed. We truly enjoy the comfort, pricing, and cooling power. Be careful since some of these units may grow unevenly and end up being higher in the middle than the sides.
Another smaller, less costly mattress that works well for most RVs is the memory foam mattress from CertiPur. Unlike some other RV mattresses, which utilize closed-celled foam, this one is comprised of open-celled memory foam, which promotes a cooler night’s sleep.
This mattress’ firmness and flexibility allow you to get on and off of one side without disturbing the person sleeping on the other side. If it matters to you, it is also produced in the United States.
If there’s a drawback to this mattress, it’s that it starts to feel less soft and supportive after a few months when a body groove develops. In earlier versions, you could get around this issue by sometimes flipping it, but current version can’t be done because of its layering.
GhostBed has been in the mattress business for over 20 years and provides one of the best-rated memory foam mattresses available.
This mattress is now available in two sizes: RV short queen and RV king.
The great majority of sleepers like medium-firm comfort, therefore this mattress was created with that in mind.
It has a high-density core and two layers of comfort foam on top for hotel-like luxury in the comfort of your own vehicle.
What we enjoy:
- Memory foam mattress with excellent reviews
- Excellent value
- Design that is both supportive and pressure-relieving.
- Made in the United States of America
Ghostbed clearly understands what they’re doing when it comes to designing a memory foam mattress that accommodates a broad range of sleeping habits.
Their short queen RV is a little stiffer than others, but it offers good support while while hugging your body nicely.
This is the memory foam mattress we suggest if you appreciate the feel of memory foam and want a memory foam mattress in a short queen RV size.Observations: From our beta-testers
What is the purpose of a Short Queen mattress?
The majority of short queen mattresses (also known as RV Queen mattresses) are designed for use in RVs and campers.
Due to the restricted space inside an RV, producers must be inventive in order to effectively manage the area.
A short queen mattress has the same sleeping breadth as a queen mattress but is 5′′ shorter in length.
The 5′′ difference is still tall enough to fit most beds and leaves 5′′ of additional space in the RV.
A short queen normally has a conventional rectangular design, but if the camper has extra space constraints, it may have a rounded or cut out corner.
What are the many varieties of short queen mattresses available?
Short queen mattresses come in a wide range of materials and comfort levels.
Customers may still choose a mattress that suits their comfort and material choices despite the tailored size specifications.
- Hybrid Short Queen: A hybrid mattress is a fancy term for a mattress that has both innersprings and foam. This provides the bounce and stability of a spring mattress while simultaneously delivering the pressure relief and comfort of a foam mattress to the sleeper. We suggest hybrid mattresses to the vast majority of sleepers who have no special sleeping requirements.
- Latex Short Queen: When it comes to mattress materials, latex is recognized as the most “natural” alternative. Latex is extracted from the rubber tree without the use of harsh chemicals or additions that are used in other goods. It’s worth noting that there are rigorous chemical additive rules for mattresses these days, and many of the chemicals used in the past (such as flame retardant sprays) are no longer utilized on any mattresses.
- Short Queen Memory Foam: Memory foam has lately gained popularity in the bedding sector. Because of its unique pressure relieving and cradling capabilities, the material was first developed for NASA and eventually utilized in mattresses. Memory foam has a distinct feel that some people like while others despise. If you’ve never slept on a memory foam mattress before, you should know that the sensation is very different from that of a typical spring mattress.
- Short queen mattresses with custom cut edges: Many RV mattresses have rounded corners or custom cut edges. If this is the case, we’ve included a merchant below in our recommendations who can accommodate and make bespoke cuts for you.
Pricing for a Short Queen RV Mattress
In general, the cost of a good short queen mattress is comparable to the cost of a conventional queen mattress.
Starting about $300-$400, you may buy an entry-level inexpensive mattress.
For roughly $800-$1000, you can get a terrific value, high-quality mattress that will last for years, and for $1500-$2000, you can have a luxury mattress.
Consider these factors before purchasing a short queen mattress.
There are many different types of short queen mattresses on the market, and it’s vital to consider your personal demands when deciding which one is right for you.
- Frequency of use: How frequently will you sleep on this mattress? How long do you think it’ll have to last? If you want to sleep on this mattress for many nights in a row or if you want it to last a long time, we suggest keeping away from the low-cost mattresses. These low-cost mattresses are designed for occasional usage and will not last as long as higher-end mattresses.
- Do you have custom-cut corners on your mattress? Your selections will be restricted to one or two merchants if your mattress has custom cut corners.
- Material: Do you have a preference for a certain sort of feel? Memory foam mattresses, innerspring mattresses, and latex mattresses all have varied levels of comfort. Before you choose the ideal mattress for you, you must first figure out what you want to sleep on.
- Firmness: What is your preferred firmness? Many of the mattresses on this list enable you to choose your preferred hardness or are designed to satisfy the great majority of sleepers who want a medium-firm mattress.
Short queen sheets may be found at the following stores?
You have the option of using normal queen sheets or bespoke short queen size sheets on your short queen mattress.
Mattressinsider.com is our favorite place to shop for short queen sheets.
They have the finest variety and provide excellent service.
They also offer bespoke mattresses, so they’re familiar with the sizes you’ll need.
What size sheets will fit a queen bed in an RV?
Sheets measuring 60″ by 75″ are used by an RV queen.
These custom size sheets are available from retailers such as mattressinsider.com.
Unfortunately, not many traditional mattress stores sell sheets in a short queen size.
A short queen topper may be purchased from the following stores?
Mattressinsider.com is the place to go if you need a short queen mattress topper, and it’s one of the few businesses that sells mattress toppers for RVs.
You can get a memory foam topper and even an organic cotton cover to go with it.
Is it possible to use a conventional queen mattress in an RV?
The length of a conventional queen mattress is 5″ longer than the length of a small queen mattress.
While some RVs may utilize regular queen size beds, the majority will use a short queen mattress to obtain more living space.
The terms “short queen” and “queen size mattress” are not interchangeable.
Is there a difference between RV mattresses and conventional beds?
Standard mattresses are not the same size as RV mattresses.
This is mainly owing to the RV’s lack of useful room.
In order to obtain additional room, manufacturers choose to employ a shorter mattress.
The majority of sleepers may still be accommodated by these shorter “RV mattresses” (minus some taller than average individuals who may find their feet hanging off the end).
Will full-size sheets fit a queen mattress that is too short?
On a short queen mattress, full-size sheets will not fit.
On a short queen, you’re better off utilizing conventional queen size sheets or ordering tailored short queen sheets from a site like mattressinsider.com.
What can I do to improve the comfort of my RV’s short queen mattress?
To make your RV mattress more comfortable, you may either buy a whole new mattress from one of the companies mentioned above, or you can buy a short queen mattress topper from a site like mattressinsider.com.
What are your other choices for getting a bespoke mattress?
If you don’t want to buy your mattress online, seek for custom mattress manufacturers in your neighborhood that can make you a mattress that you can try before you buy.
You may visit the following bespoke mattress makers in person:
What are your options for getting rid of your old custom mattress?
When you buy a mattress online, you’re left with the task of figuring out how to get rid of your old one.
Fortunately, “A Bedder World” provides mattress disposal services throughout the United States.
We collaborate with mattress recycling facilities to ensure that your old mattress is recycled in the most environmentally responsible way possible.
We’ve recycled almost 500K mattresses thus far.
Request a pick-up here.
Alternatively, try recycling it yourself!
In RVs, short queen mattresses are fairly prevalent, and there are a number of high-quality vendors that provide replacement mattresses.
All of the businesses included in this article are ones that we trust and have a good reputation in the sleep industry.
You may place an order with one of them with confidence.